COME VISIT MY NEW BLOG:

Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Deployment Best Practices Series

I receive the following question all the time:

"How do I make sure that my deployment of NAC Appliance goes well?"

The easiest way to answer this question is to ask "What makes a NACA Deployment Fail?" Failing, in context to the above, means that the solution causes more harm than good and does not provide the benefits as promised. Cisco NAC Appliance is a product that can do everything and more that Cisco promises. The following are what I have found to cause more harm than good if they are not addressed from the beginning of the deployment:

1.) User Acceptance of the Solution
2.) Deployment Expertise
3.) Operations Acceptance of the Solution

This is where the series comes into play. I will be posting what I have found to be "best practices" to address these 3 problem areas and hopefully help everyone to understand how to make their deployments successful.

I really am open to feedback if anyone has any suggestion/comments for the series.

No comments: